The research and development under the Ruralia Institute’s focus of food chains and natural resources concentrate on sustainable food systems, organic food, biological/integrated plant protection, food safety as well as new natural products and nature-based entrepreneurship.
- Finnish Organic Research Institute: Sari Iivonen, director, Finnish Organic Research Institute
- Food chains and natural resources: Hanna-Maija Väisänen, project coordinator, Ruralia Institute, University of Helsinki
- Sustainable food chains: Juha Helenius, professor, Ruralia Institute, University of Helsinki
At the Department of Separation Science of LUT University, research focuses on advanced water treatment technologies and enabling the sustainable and resource-efficient use of raw materials, side streams and wastes. The aim is to develop and improve fundamental understanding of separation phenomena to enable advanced separation and purification processes.
- Mari Kallioinen, head of department, docent, LUT University
- Antti Häkkinen, professor, LUT University
- Mika Mänttäri, professor, LUT University
- Tuomo Sainio, professor, LUT University
- Arto Pihlajamäki, researcher/teacher, LUT University
- Eveliina Repo, associate professor, LUT University
The Laboratory of Bioenergy at LUT University investigates delivery chains and processing techniques associated with the utilisation of forest biomass related to energy use.
- Bioenergy: Tapio Ranta, professor, LUT University